Giveaways are something that is becoming increasingly popular these days. Both work at home moms and standard business owners are using them as they are finding that they really help when it comes to expanding customer bases regardless of what your niche may be. However, many people are unsure as to how they work and exactly how they contribute to the businesses success. So, I have decided to compose and article for you so you can become a giveaway expert.
Why Should I Host A Giveaway?
A giveaway is a great way to get your business name out there. This is why many new businesses start out by hosting giveaways. Besides, everyone loves getting free items, right? So, when you mention anything free you are sure to have a lot of people flock to your site and the best part is most of them have probably never heard of you or your business before. However, the key is converting these giveaway “junkies” into paying customers. (I will get to that as soon as I go over the basics of getting the giveaway set up).
How Do I Set Up a Giveaway?
As you probably already know I am the owner of a giveaway site myself, Giveaways 4 Mom, so I am not a newbie when it comes to setting up giveaways. One of my favorite tools to use is Rafflecopter. Rafflecopter is a giveaway site that is free to join and it is also very easy to use. They do have a paid version but most giveaway hosts use the free version unless they are hosting multiple giveaways each day.
Once you have created your account with Rafflecopter it is then time to start setting up your giveaway. The process is pretty self-explanatory but I will cover the basics for you so you can know what to expect upon arriving to the site.
- 1.Click on the plan giveaway tab
- Name your giveaway (usually I just name it whatever it is that I am giving away and throw in the word giveaway behind it.
- Add in your prizes (If you decided to go with the paid version you will be able to include a picture of the actual prize on the Rafflecopter form)
- Fill out the how people can enter section (This consists of tweeting about the giveaway, liking a Facebook page, following someone on Twitter, leaving a blog post comment, and they also have it so you can invent your own option)
- Fill out the terms and conditions (Again if you have opted for the paid version Rafflecopter will assist with this. However, it is something that you can totally complete yourself. I usually say something such as XXX is not responsible for shopping out the prizes. Residents of XXX are eligible to enter this giveaway and you must be 18 years or older to participate. Winners will be selected on XXX and will have XXX hours to respond before the next winner up is selected. All entries will be checked so do not try and cheat your way into winning or all of your entries will be void. If there are any questions or concerns feel free to direct them to XXX@XXX.com.)
- Get Your Widget. Once you are positive that you have completed everything you want listed in your giveaway go ahead and click on the get your widget button. You will then be directed to a page that will have a HTML code for you to place on your giveaway post, a link for you to share with others that may be hosting the giveaway with you, and an option to add the giveaway to your Facebook page.
I’ve Gotten My Giveaway Live on My Site Now What?
For those of you who may have just started out or do not have many subscribers to your blog it is now going to be time for you to promote your giveaway. There are numerous ways that you can do so but I am just going to share my favorite ways that give off the best results.
- Social Media Channels: Obviously since you are a business owner you have to be in tune with your customers somehow and my guess is social media is the way you do it. So, make a habit of posting about your giveaway every day that it is live on all of your social media channels. Usually, I have the best results from Twitter and Facebook. But, every entry counts so advertise on all of your networks. Going through this routine everyday can be something that is very time consuming yet if you have social media managing accounts you can always schedule your posts in advance. One of my favorite free tools happens to be Dynamic Tweets.
- Other Giveaway Sites: Most giveaway sites allow others to link up their giveaways on certain days for their users to see. This is a way to drive in some massive traffic. There are literally hundreds of sites out there that allow this. My personal favorite happens to be Tight Wad in Utah. This site is free to post your giveaway on as long as you follow her simple instructions. However, you have to post here as soon as your giveaway goes live because she only allows you to post for free if your giveaway is under 200 entries.
How Is This Getting Me Customers Again?
Now, this is probably the question that you all have been waiting for. So, I am just going to get right to it. By hosting a giveaway you are bring exposure to your brand. As we discussed previously you will be providing your participants with ways that they can enter the giveaway via Rafflecopter. The smart thing to do would be to tell them to like social media channels and to check out your website/products and leave a comment about it. Basically, if you have good products/services available they are going to want to try it out for themselves which will lead to them becoming a customer.
Well, this is the basics of hosting a giveaway and how it benefits your business. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or stop by my website Giveaways 4 Mom to see how a live giveaway looks. Oh and feel free to enter some of them too.